Highlights from the Austin Oyster Festival 2018
Fact: I can eat my weight in oysters. So, of course, I was pumped to go to the Oyster Fest in Austin! With so many different offerings, Rachel and I were both absolutely stuffed by the end of it. Here’s my rundown and review of the Austin Oyster Festival 2018:
Raw Bar with Gulf and East Coast Oysters
They had both Gulf and East Coast oysters available to try. The East coast ones were more expensive, so ignorantly, I assumed they were the better ones. Wrong-o. They were a lot smaller, and not as flavorful. The Gulf oysters, on the other hand, were fantastic!
That Fry Bar Tho…
As a sucker for anything fried, I knew I was going to like this area. The Fry Bar included:
- Crispy Oyster Banh Mi
- New Orleans Style Oyster and Shrimp Po’Boys
- Pommes Frites
- Baked Banana’s Foster Bread Pudding with Amy’s Ice cream
Austin Oyster Festival: The Grill Bar
My mouth watered just looking at all the delicious offerings they had at the Grill Bar. Everything was cooked to perfection:
- Smoked Bacon Oysters Rockefeller
- Grilled Oysters with Roasted Garlic Anchovy Butter
- Creole BBQ Butter Shrimp over Grilled Garlic Bread
- Oyster and Rock Shrimp Gumbo with Andouille Sausage
- Smoked Oyster and Roasted Corn Bread Pudding
And of course, the Bar Bar 😉
So what do you think? Are you in for the Oyster Fest next year!? Let me know in the comments below!
You Might Also Like:
- Highlights from the 2018 Austin Food and Wine Festival
- 14 Reasons to Visit Austin, TX
- 20 Awesome Travel Gear Find on Amazon Under $25
Liked this post? Pin it to Pinterest!