Looking for some wanderlust-worthy TV shows to fuel your travel urge? Here are 22 Travel Shows on Netflix to inspire, distract, or escape through, depending on what you need!
This site contains affiliate links. I may receive a commission for purchases made through these links at no additional cost to you. Thanks for supporting onechelofanadventure.com!
Ride Along Travel Shows on Netflix
These shows and documentaries follow their hosts on their travels, bringing you into their lives and experiences around the world.
1. Down to Earth: Zac Efron (do I need to say any more really?) and wellness expert, Darin Olien, search the globe for healthy and sustainable ways of life in different cultures. There’s an episode for everyone: Zac soaks in an Icelandic spa, talks to centenarians in Sardinia, and explores Ayahuasca tourism in Peru.
2. Jack Whitehall: Travels With My Father: comedian Jack Whitehall pushes his decidedly non-comedian father to the brink of his comfort zone as they travel around the world for a fun twist on the buddy comedy. Trust me—you’ll be dying of laughter at every episode!
3. Expedition Happiness: even if you’ve never considered van life, Expedition Happiness will have you checking Craigslist for buses after you watch the couple (and their pup) travel from Alaska to Mexico in their renovated school bus.
Amazing Places to Stay
Whether you end up finding a place to stay on your next trip or just ways to spruce up your own space, these travel shows on Netflix will let you pretend to be in paradise.
4. The World’s Most Amazing Vacation Rentals: the hosts visit and review three different vacation rentals around the world at three drastically different budgets.
5. The World’s Most Extraordinary Homes: tour some of the most architecturally impressive homes around the world! An architect and property developer, who provide their thoughts on the design and actual livability of the homes.
6. Stay Here: watch as two experts renovate homeowners rental spaces to improve their marketability to potential renters. If you’ve somehow found yourself on the Airbnb side of Tiktok like I have, you’ll race through these episodes.
7. Instant Hotel: homeowners compete to have the best rental property, judged by their fellow contestants after a one-night stay in their place. It’s like Four Weddings without the secondhand embarrassment!
Adventurous Travel Shows on Netflix
Whether you’re already an adrenaline junkie or not, these films will inspire you to step out of your comfort zone on your next trip.
8. 14 Peaks: the word “impossible” doesn’t seem to exist for Nimsdai Purja as he attempts to climb all 14 of Earth’s 8,000 meter peaks in just seven months! He breaks multiple Guinness World Records for high altitude mountaineering in the process.
9. Pedal the World: you may love your spin class, but I’m going to bet that Felix Starck loves cycling a little bit more. In 365 days, he cycled over 11,000 miles through 22 countries and documented the entire journey with breathtaking shots of his travels.
10. Biking Borders: if you’re looking for another cycling journey, follow two friends as they complete their first ever long bike ride from Berlin to Beijing while raising money for a new school in Guatemala. Personalities and friendships are the focus of this film, so even non-cyclists will enjoy this documentary.
Travel Nature Shows
If you find yourself stuck inside because of the cold, these shows will bring some vibrancy back to your life.
11. Our Planet: narrated by the legendary David Attenborough, this series highlights ongoing conservation efforts and issues. It has some amazing cinematography and beautiful shots in over 50 countries.
12. Life in Color: another series narrated by David Attenborough, this series examines how various animals use color to their advantage. As with any David Attenborough nature documentary, impressive camera work will have you entranced.
13. Night on Earth: Samira Wiley narrates this nature documentary that offers a rare insight into the lives of nocturnal animals. Night On Earth is a great pick for someone who’s seen every episode of Planet Earth and is still left wanting more.
Location Specific Travel Shows
Deciding where to travel next? Check out these films for information on more off-the-beaten-path countries that are worth a visit.
14. Magical Andes: watch this visually stunning series to tour the communities and places within the Andes Mountains through the eyes of both travelers and locals. With Peru in particular becoming quite a hot spot for young travelers, this show will educate you to the unique physical and social atmosphere before you jet off to Machu Picchu.
15. Untamed Romania: if Romania wasn’t on your list before, it will be once you’re finished with this movie. It takes you through some of the most beautiful parts of Romania, including Transylvania, the Carpathian Mountains, and the Danube Delta, featuring the local flora and fauna.
16. Guatemala – Heart of the Mayan World: the natural and cultural wonders of Guatemala and its roots in the Mayan world are on full display in this documentary. If you’ve been eyeing those cheap flights to Mexico, Guatemala- Heart of the Mayan World might just convince you to head a bit more south and explore the rich and vibrant country of Guatemala.
Food Based Travel Shows
They say one of the best ways to get to know a place is through food and these shows prove that. Dig in, but be warned, you’ll walk away even hungrier than before.
17. Street Food Asia & Street Food Latin America: veteran travelers know one of the best parts of going to a new place is checking out the local street food scene. This series celebrates the colors and flavors of the street food experience, so you can indulge without having to leave your living room. There’s one series focused on street food in Asia and one in Latin America, so binge both or pick whichever one you’re craving most.
18. Breakfast Lunch and Dinner: Chef David Chang brings celebrity guests (including Seth Rogen and Kate McKinnon) to a new city to explore the cuisine and culture in depth and in person.
19. Taco Chronicles: who doesn’t love a taco? Now you can be a certified taco connoisseur after watching this series deep dive into the history and culture of everyone’s favorite Tuesday treat.
Just For Fun Shows
Tune in to these shows and tune out everything else. These shows, some fiction, some reality, are all set in places at the top of most of our “need to visit” lists.
20. Emily in Paris: okay, okay, while the premise isn’t exactly the most realistic, who wouldn’t want to be a twenty-something working a fancy marketing job in Paris with a charming French apartment and an even more charming French love interest? Season two was just added to Netflix, making it the perfect time to binge this series.
21. Singapore Social: a reality series that follows some of the young, rich, and connected in one of the most wealthy social circles in the world. If you liked Crazy Rich Asians, this might just be the reality show for you.
22. Derry Girls: set in Northern Ireland during The Troubles, Derry Girls follows the darkly hilarious Erin and her eccentric cousin, Orla, as they navigate being teenage girls during the conflict. It gets bonus points for featuring Nicola Coughlan (now of Bridgerton fame) and lots of music from The Cranberries.
23. The Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives: if you like any of the real housewives series, this show takes it to another level with the addition of some of Bollywood’s biggest stars and set in Mumbai.
What’s one of your favorite Travel Shows on Netflix? Have you seen any of the picks on this list? Let me know in the comments or send me a DM on Instagram!
You Might Also Like: